Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lord it ain't easy.........

After a few really good weeks when things had been going quite well. It was time for a couple of matches
and I was feeling good about my fishing. The first was on The Boyle Canal, a venue I knew very little about.
As it goes I still know very little about it as I had so little action. It was so bad I actually packed up with 45 mins to go and went to talk to the other lads. That was a first for me and something I'd never felt like doing before. Gary on my right and Shane on my left had had very little aswell and it seemed they just weren't
in front of us. The three lads on pegs 1,2, & 3 had a slow start, so slow Shane Dunne was up for a walk around after 30 minutes. The second half of the match saw things improve down that end and the three
of them finished 1st, 2nd & 3rd. I was delighted to see the end of this one.

The following week saw me on the road again but this time closer to home and to a venue I know
quite well. Yes it's an Enfield Club match so off down to the carpark for the usual pre match banter.
I really enjoy fishing there, more often than not the fishing isn't great but there is a good atmosphere
before, during and after their matches.
The section used was where I'd had some success in the Winter league so as we drove over to it
I was happy enough, even with a duff draw slap bang in the midde.
This one turned out to be a complete disaster for 15 of the 16 competitors. We've all fished matches
where theres been a few dry nets but 15 out of 16 !!!!
Brian O Donoghue winkled out a roach that was smaller than my little finger and took the honours.
It was another one of those days that reminds you how dodgy it can be fishing on canals.
Theres no doubt that there just wasn't any fish there. We all couldn't have got things that wrong.
To add insult, 10 mins before the all in was called. the wind which was pushing hard from right to left all
day caught hold of my pole and I ended up with a no 4 section snapped clean in two.
At 122 sterling for a replacement, it's time to send a few sections to the UK for repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment