Sunday, July 17, 2011

Blips, gotta love 'em

With a bit of bait left over from yesterday, I made a late call to head out early again this morning but
specifically I wanted to fish for small canal fish (blips). With that in mind I headed to one of our favourite stretches that is good for that kind of fishing., Kilcock.
Another early start and I'm in place ready to go at 06.00 hrs.
Red mags, worm and hemp were on the table with the plan being to fish one line for blips using
mags, hemp and groundbait. A second line for what might be a bonus bigger fish was set up
with worm and hemp
I started off fishing the blip line using a Sensas Auchy .6 grm rig. 2 lb main line, 1.6 lb hooklength
to a size 20 Drennan Red Maggot hook. It was all over the place due to the wind and the slight tow so
I stepped it up to a similar set up but with a .8grm float and the difference that small change made
was quickly apparent. Am in to fish straight away and they came quite regularly thank you.
As ever I started on the bottom and started shollowing within minutes. Most fish came about a foot off the bottom to a single mag. The key was to put in a few mags with every put in and as long as I did that a bite was almost guaranteed.
The worm line didn't give me a thing, in truth I was enjoying catching the blips so much I didn't
really give it a decent go. At 8 a.m the wind had really gotten up and everything was getting too much like hard work for a pleasure session so I headed home.
Very happy with my catch, Blips, I love 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment