Monday, March 19, 2012

Good day that, FTI A.C.

Kyle tried a feeder line
The second FTI A.C. meet up went ahead last week on Corrstown and what a cracking wee venue it is too. We'd picked it based on the idea that all things being equal everyone should catch. Anyone that knows our club meets will know that we often, far to often have poor days, fishing wise.
It also gave "Team Kavo" another chance to figure things ahead of Robs rapidly approaching
Leinster Junior Qualifiers.

As it turned out only one member of The Team pulled up on the bankside but I'd keep to the plan and fish a short line, so out with a 4M whip and I'd stick with it regardless. We'd done well at
5 & 6 M's but in the never ending quest for speed we'd agreed to give it a go and see if we could get them closer and therefore quicker.
I was using a 1Grm Sensas Guilliamme float a nice to hand float but in lots of ways it didn't suit. We will probaby have one last session on here so might give the float another try. I kick started with 2 large balls of
Sensas Lake &  Gros Gardons (In my prebaited swim !!!) and was getting the standard small roach from first put in. The thin bristle on the float was really good for seeing small bites from small fish but it took to long for the float to settle after each put in. I was using a .75Grm Olivettte with a couple of small droppers under and no amount of moving and adjusting really sorted it. A one handed ball of GBait with pinkies and or caster was chucked (left handed would you believe) on the float as I struck each bite and I seemed to be going along quite nicely.
After a couple of hours it slowed, a few fish for 15 mins, then not a bite for 15 mins. I cut back on the feed, smaller balls and not so often kept fish in front of me but the bites were definitely taking longer.
We eventually called it a day at  2 O' Clock and the weigh in was quickly underway.
Everyone had fish but with Garyd having over 100 we all knew who had the better weight.
So it proved to be, Gary had 9 lbs and some ozs, pretty much all caught at 13M, I think.
108 for 9lb Something, I think.... Sorry Gaz

I had clicked 77 times and was figuring on 6Lb odd and it was enough to give me 3rd.

Davy fished pole tactics with a waggler road !!!! and had a great 7lb something for second place.
Who needs "Automatic Fish Catchers", eh ?
Nice day, nice fishing, nice venue, nice company, like I said, Good day that...............

No comments:

Post a Comment