Monday, March 5, 2012

Out to the local...........

One of my all time favourites
Friday morning last, had me back on my local canal stretch for the first time in what seemed ages.
Circumstances have meant that my match fishing is on hold for a while and as a result I havn't been on a canal for to long, it really was great to be there.
It was a bit of an odd decision to give it a go as I know it well enough to be aware that there'll likely be nothing there. Despite the mild weather chances are the fish are still in the harbour and so it proved to be. A biteless hour and a half had me quietly doubting my sanity but some times it's just enough
to be there. The sun came up and a quick move was made about a 100 yards to my left. 
Sunny days and canals, hmmmmmmm
The move got my anticipation levels back up but it didn't last long and after another biteless hour,
I finally got the sense to accept that yes, they probaly are still up in the harbour.
Despite the dry net, I headed for home with a dirty big smile on my face. I consider myself very fortunate in that it doesn't happen all that often and consider myself even more fortunate that I still love it even if the fish don't play ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment